Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Advanced Networking Features

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Advanced Networking Features
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:29:59 -0400

Many of these things actually are now found in the base ucommon library. I will try to migrate those that can be easily migrated to the current Common C++ socket class.

Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:
Hello,

I need some advanced networking features, which I am going to look at adding to ccrtp. Has anyone looked at adding these before?

- Multicast Support
  - Setting multicast TTL
  - Enable/disable multicast loopback
  - Set incoming multicast interface
  - Set outgoing multicast interface
- Qos Support
  - Set DSCP/ToS value for outgoing packets
  - Examine the incoming DSCP/ToS value
- IPv6 socket support
  - with support for all of the above

I know some of these (multicast/ttl) are already implemented.

Thanks,

nick.