Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Patches and files for SRTP support

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Patches and files for SRTP support
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:48:56 +0200

David,

during this week I start with the ZRTP integration. As proposed this
would be a new class on top of AVQueue, thus quite independent a nice
add-on to ccRTP. If all goes well then we could have ZRTP in about
2 weeks (need some time to do some interop tests ...).

For error reporting I would propose to do a small enhancement to the
CryptoContext class: provide a method to set a "error-report" callback.
if this callback is not NULL then call a reporting method. Something
along the lines:

class ErrorReport {
        virtual bool authenticationError(const RTPPacket* rtp) = 0;
        virtual bool replayError(const RTPPacket* rtp) = 0;
}

Then some class of the application implement this:

class MyApplication : ErrorReport {

bool authenticationError(...) {
        do something;
        return false;           // dismiss packet
           or
        return true;            // accept packet
}

bool replayError(...) {
        do something;
        return false;           // dismiss packet
           or
        return true;            // accept packet
}

CryptoContext ctx = new CryptoContext( ...........);
ctx->setErrorReportCallback(this);

If no callback is set in CryptoContext default action could be to do
some error printout (cerr) and to dismiss the erroneous packet.

A similar mechanism will be provided in the ZRTP class. This provides
the ZRTP implementation to report the security states and other information
to the application (e.g. the Short Authentication String, SAS).

Ideas?

Regards,
Werner