Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Cannot increase the sending rate

From: neeryl_ka
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Cannot increase the sending rate
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:10:04 +0200 (CEST)

First of all, thanks for your answers.

> Hi, the first thing that comes to my mind is that
> with such a high
> number of packets per second and MPEG2TS
> packetization, many packets
> should have the same timestamp (according to
> standard packetization
> rules).

The timestamps I see with ccrtp (and
getFirstTimestamp) are all differents. I believed that
the timestamps that could be the same would be video
timestamp, not timestamps used with RTP.

> It is weird that when the gap is reduced the number
> of packets per
> second does not increase. Also, a gap of 1200
> between packets should
> not lead to 100 packets per second (at 90Khz
> timestamp rate).

I've oberved this phenomenon using the rtphello
example.
With the values given, the packets of "Hello, brave
gnu world (#i)" are send at a rate of 1 packet per
second.
I changed the gap between timestamp from :
timestamp += socket->getCurrentRTPClockRate()
timestamp += socket->getCurrentRTPClockRate()/100
and the sleep line from
TimerPort::incTimer(1000);
TimerPort::incTimer(10);

I successfully obtained a rate of a hundred packets
per second.
But I cannot get more than 100 packets/second by
changing these values again...
I don't understand where I am wrong...

Neeryl

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com