Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Send RTCP APP Packets

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Send RTCP APP Packets
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:35:03 +0200

Hi, currently there is no direct way to send APP packets with
ccRTP. Incoming packets can be handled using the virtual onGotAPP.

Probably the right place to add generic support for sending APP
packets would be the QueueRTCPManager::dispatchControlPacket method,
which builds compound RTCP packets (including SR, RR and SDES, but not
APP) and sends them. However these packets are built and sent
following well defined rules. These rules are not so completely
specified for APP packets, with app-specific content and timing. So I
guess you may be interested in writing an extension method similar to
dispatchControlPacket.

How do you plan to request APP packets to be sent from your
application? Is there any timing constraint?