[Ccrtp-devel] Arm/open embedded builds of Common C++ to be available for

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Arm/open embedded builds of Common C++ to be available for ipaq
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:08:29 -0400

I have just initially built commoncpp2 1.4.1 for arm under open embedded
(ipaq/h3900 familiar, gpe) using the --without-extras and
--without-exception configure options to minimize library size.  I have
attached the bb file I used.

While I think we should now be able to do the same for ccrtp, but it
needs to be audited for exception handling code.  We probably should
also look at the stl usage in ccrtp.

I had already ported and even successfully used the current linphone
(1.2.0) on the ipaq built under open embedded (and libosip2-2.2.2...),
but the gui is not well adapted for the small screen size, and linphone
has a very large number of gnome related library dependencies at present.

If we can do an oe build of ccrtp, maybe we can port sflphoned, which
already has well separated softphone operation and gui modules, and
build a very lightweight gtk based gui module for that specifically
designed for a small screen.  Maybe qt based twinkle can also be ported
and adapted for opie/qtopia?  I have not looked at how much additional
overhead twinkle has yet.

DESCRIPTION = "A library for C++ threads and sockets"
SECTION = "libs"
PRIORITY = "optional"
PR = "r1"
LICENSE = "GPL LGPL"
SRC_URI = "${SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR}/gnutelephony/commoncpp2-${PV}.tar.gz"
S = "${WORKDIR}/commoncpp2-${PV}"
LEAD_SONAME = "libgnu2\..*"

EXTRA_OECONF = "--without-exceptions --without-extras"

inherit autotools pkgconfig

do_stage() {
        oe_libinstall -C src -so -a libccgnu2 ${STAGING_LIBDIR}
        install -d ${STAGING_INCDIR}/cc++/
        (cd include/cc++ ; cp *.h ${STAGING_INCDIR}/cc++)
        install -m 0644 src/libccgnu2.pc ${STAGING_DATADIR}/pkgconfig
}