Re: [Ccrtp-devel] multiple RTP session in a single thread

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] multiple RTP session in a single thread
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:22:56 -0500

Actually, ccRTP forms objects that are instances of RTP sessions by combining several interlinking classes into a derived object. The most common examples and default top level objects in the library are the ones that do have a one to one correspondence, but you do not have to build this way. What you want to look at is how to apply RTPSessionPool:

/**
 * This class is a base class for classes that define a group of RTP
 * sessions that will be served by one or more execution
 * threads. Derived classes are responsible for serving each RTP
 * session with a thread at least.
 *
 * In order to use the RTP session "pool" you just have to build
 * RTPSessionBase objects for each RTP session (instead of RTPSession
 * objects). Then, add the RTPSessionBase objects to an RTP session
 * "pool" and call startRunning() method of the session pool.
 *

Mustafa Kapadia wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to use ccRTP for developing a test tool which can run multiple RTP session. As I understand after browsing the code is that everytime RTPSession object is created a new Thread is created.Is this correct ?

I am planning to run around 2000 RTP session. However, if every RTPSession is a single thread then 2000 threads will starve other processes of CPU. So I am looking for running all these sessions in a single thread using SingleThreadRTPSession. Additionally per session I have a requirement to send/receive packet every 20 ms for each session. Has somebody tried this before ? Is it doable given that I am planning to run this on Win NT machine.

Since I am very new to ccRTP I would appreciate if someone can share sample program based on SingleThreadRTPSession for creating multiple RTP sessions running under one thread.

Thanks,
mustak