Re: [Ccrtp-devel] addDestination/delDestination bug

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] addDestination/delDestination bug
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:57:23 +0100

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 07:28:00PM -0500, Dan Weber wrote:

> How much slower would it be using std::list.  We know std::list is very
> well tested and usable.  I'm thinking about sending a patch just because
> I'm not interested in instability in my applications.
>
> Dan

I've had funny experiencies with the STL of Visual C++, though they
may have improved in the last two years. Apart from atrocious
implementations, the performace loss should not be too big not even
noticeable, but it depends on what list we consider (list of packets,
ssrcs, participants, destinations, etc. may show significant
differences in size and use frequency depending on the application). I
think the best solution would be to replace handcrafted lists with
templates similar to the objlink template of commonc++, without the
overhead derived from additional functionality or deficient STLs.