Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccRTP with MS VC++

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccRTP with MS VC++
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:24:27 -0500

The simplest way to begin is to download "cape.exe" if your using Visual Studio 6, or maybe "capexp.exe" if you want to use Visual Studio.net. This can be found at

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1523&package_id=41672

This includes pre-compiled dll's, header files, and pre-build import libraries for GNU Common C++ (1.3.3, 1.3.4 only has changes specific to posix targets), GNU ccRTP 1.2.2 (which is the current release), and other things.

Once installed, you can then check out ccrtp from cvs, or unpack ccrtp 1.2.2, and use the msvc projects found in the w32/cape directory, as these are preset with the include and link paths to match where dependent libraries (GNU Common C++) have been installed by CAPE. You can then compile and use the ccrtp demo apps this way.

If you just want to build a new ccrtp based project nativily under VC6 or later, then you should only need to set your projects include and import paths to where cape install things, and either add %CAPE_RUN_PATH% to your PATH or set your binary app paths through the registry to find the CAPE dll's it's using, and you can then use the precompiled dll's installed by CAPE.

Thomson, James wrote:
Hi there,

I'm looking at using ccRTP for a project I'm working on, I've downloaded
ccrtp-1.0.2 and opened the workspace in the msvcpp folder, when compiling it
tells me I can find the following files:

#include <cc++/config.h>
#include <cc++/export.h>

I couldn't find any information on your site of how to compile this with
MSVC++.

Any info is appreciated, as this looks like a good bit of software,

James Thomson.

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may
be legally privileged.
If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your
system immediately and advise the sender.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs.