Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Timeouts

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Timeouts
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:33:56 +0100

setExpireTimeout sets the value of a timeout for discarding outgoing
packets. When a data packet is leaving the output queue, before being
sent, ccRTP checks if it is 'too late' (comparing (current time -
packet timestamp) with the expire timeout).

I guess you meant setSchedulingTimeout instead of setSessionTimeout?
the scheduling timeout is a parameter for the thread that usually
handles RTP and RTCP packets. It is a timeout for blocking I/O. You
can see how it is used in the method run() in rtp.h. The service
thread waits up to 'scheduling timeout' seconds for data packets and
then takes care of RTCP packets. There is also an 'RTCPCheckInterval'
that sets a minimum service frequency for RTCP.