Re: [Ccrtp-devel] combining a sipstack with ccrtp

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] combining a sipstack with ccrtp
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:51:07 +0100

Hi...

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:54:19PM -0500, Dan Weber wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 03:11:57AM +0100, Michel de Boer wrote:
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > You can select an RTP port yourself and provide it to the RTPSession
> > constructor.
> > Here is how I create the an RTPSession myself for my own sipstack:
> >
> >        rtp_session = new SymmetricRTPSession(
> >            InetHostAddress(_recv_host.c_str()), _recv_port);
> >
> > In case of an incoming INVITE, the _recv_port is the port that goes into the
> > SDP of the 200 OK.
> >
> Yeah, I know that.  I was hoping I didn't have to manage ports though.

ccRTP uses the default 5004/5005 port pair when no port number is
specified. It has no such thing as a say "automatic port selection
mechanism", if you have an idea for that, we are open for suggestions
:)

> > I don't know if ccrtp provides any mechanism to autodestruct after a certain
> > period of time. I guess you can start a timer yourself and once it
> > expires simply
> > delete the RTPSession object.
> >
> I guess I could.  So basically another thread and sees if the rtp manager
> has been idling and destructs it if it is.

The RTP session destructor calls 'dispatchBYE', but there is no timer
mechanism. The RTP session destructor can be overwritten so as to add
a timer before calling dispatchBYE. You could also overwrite the run()
method if you need some specific timed behaviour.

Do you think it would be interesting to add an optional timer for BYE
packets before destructing RTP sessions?