[Ccrtp-devel] RTPClockRate, variable bitrate stream

From: Jean-Paul Wagner
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] RTPClockRate, variable bitrate stream
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:54:23 +0100

Hello all,
I'm developping a streaming engine which should stream Layered Video (such as
MPEG4-FGS bitstreams for example) and adapt the bitrate that is going out
whenever feedback is received from the network.
I planned to use the ccRTP stack to do this, but I don't exactly see how the
concept of RTPClockRate works:

How does RTPClockRate relate to the sending rate and to the timestamps I have
to put when I enqueue an outgoing packet?
Do I have to adjust the clockRate on-the-fly as I adjust the streaming rate?
Moreover, is there a minimal inter-packet delay between 2 outoing packets that
should be observed on this stack? How many packets per second can it handle? I
guess it depends on the packet size?

Thanks for any input,
--jp.