Re: [Ccrtp-devel] More about ccRTP on ARM

From: Jeremy
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] More about ccRTP on ARM
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:28:55 +0200 (SAST)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Federico Montesino Pouzols wrote:

>       Yes, it helps everyone, since this is a bug in ccRTP :). I
> have committed your fix to CVS, as well as other fixes for a bug in
> the RTCP interval randomization code that I discovered while reviewing
> this method.
>
>       However, I had not seen this code failing before. bwfract may
> be zero (so it must be checked before the division) but it is unusual
> that it is zero. I suggest you to check that the RTCP interval is
> rightly computed on ARM (it should be a randomized value around 5
> seconds which oscillates between 2.5 and 7.5 seconds, if you do not
> change the minimum interval).

interval seems to be OK, but it appears that while I can send packets as
fast as I want to, I only receive them approximately every second.  I have
two threads running (similar to rtphello.cpp) and I tell them both to
Thread::sleep(0), and I receive packet 3 sometime around sending packet
200.

It does the same thing on x86 and ARM, so I'm probably doing something
wrong.

If I sleep for anything longer than 0 I can't read /dev/dsp properly (just
get zeros).

Any help would be appreciated.

--J