Re: [Ccrtp-devel] More about ccRTP on ARM

From: Jeremy
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] More about ccRTP on ARM
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:11:06 +0200 (SAST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Jeremy wrote:

> If I use gdb I get a SIG32 at about the same place things segfault when I
> run without gdb.  Some googling revealed that an unstripped version of
> libpthread might fix this, but it doesn't.
>
> Sticking printf()s between every statement (a very time-consuming method
> of debugging that I do not recommend to anyone with a working gdb) I have
> narrowed the problem down to this line in QueueRTCPManager::dispatchBYE()
> in control.cpp:
>
>         // this is the real computation:
>         microtimeout_t interval = static_cast<microtimeout_t>
>                 ((participants * rtcpAvgSize / bwfract) * 1000000);
>
> Code before this runs, code after this doesn't.  I'll continue
> investigaing, but I'm a little lost about what this method actually does.

Examining the variables revealed that bwfract is zero.  I changed the
offending code to:

    microtimeout_t interval=0;
    if (bwfract != 0) {
            interval = static_cast<microtimeout_t>
                    ((participants * rtcpAvgSize / bwfract) * 1000000);
    }
    if ( interval < rtcpMinInterval )
            interval = rtcpMinInterval;

and everything seems to working for now.  Now I just have to get broadcast
done.

Hope this helps someone :)

--J