Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Trouble with "configure"

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Trouble with "configure"
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:13:22 +0100

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:08:02PM +0100, Jonathan Raoult wrote:
> Hello.
> We're two french students.
> We want to connect a midi master keyboard with a midi expander trough an
> ethernet network. We want to do the audio loopback with the RTP
> protocol.
> We have the RedHat 7.3 and when we try to install ccrtp 0.9.1, with the
> script "configure" as it is noticed, comes this message but we don't
> understand what's missing exactly. After, when we try to execute "make",
> the system say there is no makefile.
> Can you help us ?

        Sure, the following error:

> checking for ccgnu2-config... no
> checking for commoncpp2 version >= 0.99.0... not found
> *** The ccgnu2-config script installed by commoncpp2 0.99
> *** or later could not be found.

        is reported because you have not installed Commmon C++. ccRTP
depends on it, so before installing ccRTP, get CC++ from:
ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/commoncpp and install it. Current release is
Common C++ "2" 1.0.6. There are rpms for CC++, though I am not sure if
there are recent ones for RH 7.3.

        Also, I would strongly recommend you not to use ccRTP 0.9.1,
but 1.0pre0 (you can get it from ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/ccrtp/). Although
it is a prerelease, it is much more stable, complete and better
documented than 0.9.1.

        Bye!