Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccrtp program crashes

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] ccrtp program crashes
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:07:20 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:41:45AM -0800, Chris Read wrote:

> I have encountered some segmentation crashes using my program
> (modified from rtpsend/rtpreceive) under Red Hat 7.2.  I had been
> working on 6.2 and didn't have any problems, but after I started
> using 7.2, the programs I'm working on do a segmentation violation
> as they exit--meaning that they seem to run, but after running the
> last statement in my file they crash.

> My guess is that it is a problem with a destructor that is being
> called automatically, but I can't find it.  It would probably be
> easier if I could make gdb run, but since the rtpsend/rtpreceive
> programs are really scripts, I haven't been able to use gdb
> effectively.

        Ummm, this is due to libtool. However, although the
rtpsend/rtpreceive you see in the demo directory are scripts, these in
fact just call the real binaries (located under the .libs directory,
under demo). The scripts just set the shared libraries
environment. So, if your 'pwd' is /bla/bla/ccrtp-x.y.z/demo, type 'gdb
.libs/rtpsend' to start debugging; note however that debugging a
multithreaded app which depends on timing often can be misleading.

> Has anyone seen these kinds of problem?  Any
> suggestions?

        I did not. Is there any one else testing something similar
over here? I would really appreciate any comments.

> Also, can I use ccrtp to do unicast RTP?  When I use
> the local machine's IP address I get packets through,
> but when I use a different machine as destination or
> source, the program aborts.  On the other hand if I
> use a multicast IP address it doesn't abort, at least
> if I'm running as root.  Suggestions?
>
> - Chris
>
> P.S.  I have attached my evaluation programs

        Umm, It should not happen, did you started the receiver at the
remote machine before starting the sender?

        Right now, I am unable to spend a while testing your code;
however, I will take a look at it as soon as I can.

        Read you soon.