[Ccrtp-devel] Re: CCRTP on Win32

From: Hang Shi
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Re: CCRTP on Win32
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:34:02 -0800

Hi, Federico,

I am waiting to see your patch. As to the findCNAME function, because Win32 platform with Visual does not provide <sys/utsname.h> POSIX standard, that function can't be compiled (for example, the function cname is not supported).

Another question, do you have the plan to support DTMF tones (RFC 2833) recently?

Thanks.
Hang
At 11:23 AM 1/8/2002 +0100, Federico Montesino Pouzols wrote:
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:45:59PM -0800, Hang Shi wrote:
> Hi, Federico,

        Hi again,

> I tried to compile the code and got some error messages:
> (1) the timer functions: gettimeofday, timersub, timeradd, etc. In Win32,
> looks we can use getTickCount. Where is the timersub/timeradd defined?

        These are defined in sys/time.h in *nix systems. I have
already seen this problem with win32 in other libraries, so I will add
a patch to overcome it in ccRTP. I hope to be able to send this patch
to the ccrtp-devel list today. Perhaps, later we should add support
for this in Common C++ itself.

> (2) findCNAME function only works for Unix. Any idea to fix this?

        What do you mean with only works? Is it a compilation or a
runtime error?

> Thanks.
> Hang

        Read you soon!

PD: It should be better if we hold this conversation publicly through
the ccrtp-devel list, so other people can be aware and help to solve
this problems. Do you agree? If so, please, CC your answers to the
list.