calendula-devel

Re: [Calendula-devel] OFBiz

From: Phillip Mills
Subject: Re: [Calendula-devel] OFBiz
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:08:26 -0400

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Darryl Caldwell wrote:

I am presently looking at the database schemas from InfoCentral
(www.infocentral.org) and ebase (www.ebase.org) to see if we can
collaborate/standardize on a good data model.

Understood. That's what attracted me to OFBiz in the first place...their treatment of relationships in the schema supporting the "Party Manager" seems excellent. Plus the fact that if fundraising were layered on their infrastructure, it would -- because of their database design -- connect to contact management, workflow management, and the (planned) GL system almost automatically.

A couple of other things you might like (just in case you're not already familiar with them) from the "market research" side are:
        <http://www.techsoup.org/forums/index.cfm>
<http://charitychannel.com/resources/Forums/All_Public_Forums/ index.html>

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development