[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[bug-gnu-libiconv] Mac OS X UTF-8 to WCHAR_T and vice versa not working

From: Marco Martins
Subject: [bug-gnu-libiconv] Mac OS X UTF-8 to WCHAR_T and vice versa not working
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 09:59:28 +0000

Hi, I am using libiconv as a cross-platform independent library to convert UTF-8 to WCHAR_T and vice versa. Currently building only to Windows, Unix (Ubuntu 16.04) and Mac OS X (10.12.6 Sierra).
When testing to see if the conversion was working I found out that on Mac OS X it was failing. Then I discovered a thread on the internet that I wish to bring to your attention with the problem and a workaround to fix it http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/xcode/279686-iconv-libiconv-dylib-broken.html . Currently, I am using the UTF-8 to UCS-4-INTERNAL workaround, although, the setlocal(LC_ALL, "en_US.UTF-8") also worked (not the setlocal(LC_ALL,"") one). Nevertheless, the main issue is still present.

Marco Martins

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]