bothans-dev

[bothans-dev] coil

From: Terry Peters
Subject: [bothans-dev] coil
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:58:11 +0200

You must have been very anxious to see him.
You know you ought to go and see your sister.
That’s all very well, replied the detective; but why did he hide?
Smith, who wore a broad grin, bore no appearance of longing for anything. But do you expect him to tell you that in the witness – is box?
I rather fancy you suspected me of being an eminent and distinguished burglar. As yet I’ve nothing to go on to prove the man’s innocence, except the man. Why, because it led nowhere, of course, cried Father Brown explosively.
Devine nodded gloomily, and the detective turned back to his papers. That was also the ghost the servant at Beechwood saw, said Carver dryly.
Carver, you have certainly worked out a very complete case in a very masterly way.
Devine nodded gloomily, and the detective turned back to his papers.
It would look like the master of the house—if only the reflection were a little like him. I knew this dead man very well indeed; I was his confessor, and his friend. Where they generally are in such cases, said Carver.
I know what he looked like, answered Father Brown quietly. We try to be friends with all our neighbours.
Pray don’t let anybody move, said the man called Carver, in clear and courteous tones.
He was far too capable a burglar to be a murderer. People almost felt that he would have been more human if he had.
He was worthy to be turned into legend and not merely into news. Then he said gently:You know what I am and what we are.
The list sounds rather long and dull; but I think it’s exhaustive.
But, more often, even these acts have a rational explanation.