bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] seek and volume

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] seek and volume
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:51:48 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> Should we increase the default seeking increment for all
> backends or just VLC?  I'm thinking one second might be too
> small even if the seeking is smooth.

You're probably right. I guess 2-5 seconds is a reasonable range. But
what needs changing besides VLC? Both mpg123 and mplayer back-ends
seem to have good defaults.

As for VLC, increasing the seek step still leaves seeking only just
bearable. Holding a key down works, but the result is something like a
scratched record. I'm guessing Bongo is too fast, sending a new seek
command before the elapsed time has changed. Do you think this can be
worked around?