Re: [be] Couple of Questions

From: Birch Champeon
Subject: Re: [be] Couple of Questions
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:12:31 -0500

1) I've converted hundreds of doc files to standard format marker
format and then imported them into Bibledit.  If you've used
formatting styles for chapters you can search for the chapter style
and add \c in front of it, search for the verse number style and put
\v in front of it etc.  Then you need to save the file as plain text
and choose unicode UTF-8.  Then break the file into books and add \id
and the 3 letter abbreviation to the first line of every book.

If you haven't used styles it's considerably more tedious.  Every
chapter should have \c put in front of it, every subheading should
have \s.  Then search and replace every number with \v and the number.
 Then you will have \c \v in front of every chapter so you need to
replace \c \v with \c.  Here are the instructions I made up for one of
the translators. http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhf6jgn5_78f525t7cw

Note: this will put a \v in front of every number, so if you are using
numerals instead of words for numerical values then those will be
marked as verses as well.  Just run check->chapters and verses in
Bibledit to find them.

2) Here's my discussion on generating a concordance.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bibledit-general/2009-06/msg00005.html.
 We're are actually seriously considering putting a topical index at
the end of our Bibles instead of a concordance as this seems to be how
our concordances are getting used.  A topical index is much easier to
translate.

Birch