Re: [be] keyterms checking...

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] keyterms checking...
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:42:26 +0200

Hi David,

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 20:23 +0200, David Gardner wrote:
> Hi,
>  A few questions related to keyterms...  (really love the keyterms in verse
> display! It's great!)
>
>  Earlier this week I found a couple of places where the key terms lists
> in bibledit (4.0, I think) are claiming that a certain Hebrew word is in
> the verse, but it isn't. I'm afraid I've not kept a note of the details,
> but just in case I find more, where should I submit them?

The bug tracker would be a good place to submit these, so it can be
looked into.

> Also, in the keyterm checking window, I think that verses without a
> recognised rendering of the keyterm used to be marked in red or something..
> Has this gone deliberatly or is it a configurable option? I found it
> useful..

It has dropped out, not deliberately, but by accident or through
laziness when rewriting the module for html display. Feel free to submit
this on Savannah.

> Finally...
> At the moment, as far as I know we have to remember who's computer we
> should be doing keyterm checking and project notes on, else they risk
> getting lost.
>
>  Has anyone tried/considered/rejected using the githooks architecture to
> get the keyterms and project notes to be shared between computers (as as
> part of the git repository?), or perhaps doing it another way?
> I've played a bit with using the command line sqlite3 command which will
> make a text file, for merging these things manually,
> but that's not exactly automatic or behind the scenes.

Sharing the project notes has been considered to be done through git,
and actually the newest version in git already has all the bits for that
in place, apart from some bits in the user interface to switch in on and
let it happen. Sharing the project notes is really around the corner
right now. Give it a week or so, and it should be done.

The keyterm translations are not shared, feel free to submit a task for
that.

Teus.