RE: [be] Problem installing on Windows XP Pro

From: johnduffy
Subject: RE: [be] Problem installing on Windows XP Pro
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:31:15 +0100

Hi,

I got to the source of the problem.  It was that I have "Encrypting File System (EFS)" enabled, which is an option in Windows XP Pro to secure files, in case a laptop is lost or stolen.  Normally this is transparent to programs, so I'm generally unaware that it even there.  So, after I to disabled the encryption on the extracted download, Bibledit installed correctly (GIT was ok without doing that).

It's working now - thanks for the efforts to help resolve this problem in any case.

John Duffy