Re: [be] Fwd: bibledit-gtk_4.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Fwd: bibledit-gtk_4.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:21:26 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

About the rejected bibledit-gtk package, I believe all of the issues
have been resolved.

A new version of bibledit-gtk, version 4.4 has been released just now,
and has been uploaded to its usual location at Savannah, and is in the
process of being mirrored around the world.

All of the files in bibledit-gtk-4.4/doc are created from the Google
site, and all files have copyright statements, and the content on the
Google site has a copyright statement too, and is free. So I think this
takes care of the concerns.

> bibledit-gtk-4.2/gobible/{GoBibleCore2.jar,GoBibleCreator.jar}
> sourceless binary stuff with different copyright holder

Folder bibledit-gtk-4.4/gobible is no longer there. All stuff that is
considered at variance with the Debian policy has been cleaned out.

> bibledit-gtk-4.2/outpost/bwoutpost.exe (and some other files)
> Missing source, unknown license?

The source was there, the license too (I think), but in package
bibledit-gtk 4.4 all of the outpost folder has been removed. It is no
longer needed.

> bibledit-gtk-4.2/usfm/{$FIftiMain,$OBJINST}
> Don't know what these files are
> bibledit-gtk-4.2/usfm
> ====
> On 4 August 2009 Jeff Klassen of the Canadian Bible Society gave
> permission to distribute this file:
> "Please feel free to distribute the current version of the CHM help
> file.  We're glad that the documentation can be of help."
>
> Since it does not come with a license, it is supposed that the file is
> in the public domain.
> =====
>
> Uhm... No.  The author statement doesn't grant all rights required by
> the DFSG, and "supposing" it's public domain is not enough. Beside:
> That's not mentioned in your debian/copyright either.

All of the USFM folder and stuff has been removed. Instead of that, the
online help now points to the official United Bible Societies location.

> bibledit-gtk-4.2/usfm/helpman_topicinit.js:
> "It is designed for use in combination with the output of Help & Manual
> and must not be used outside this context."
> What is this file?  May I edit it?  May it be distributed?  Who's the
> copyright holder?
>
> bibledit-gtk-4.2/xetex/ptx2pdf.tar.gz not in debian/copyright at all.

If there is an opportunity, and you have got time, and do have the
opportunity, do you mind creating the new package and uploading it to
Debian.

That would assist the Bible translators so that they now have access to
the latest version of bibledit-gtk.

With regards,

Teus