Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time m

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time mysql server checking))
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:06:05 +0100

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 16:05 -0400, Dan Dennison wrote:

>         I am interested in the patch for config.xml.cpp, and any other
>         patches
>         that fix corruptions or leaks. Good that you made it use less
>         memory.
>         Thanks for offering the fix.
>
> Go to http://cr.bblesint.org and click the Register button. I'll
> approve the account and add it to the Bibledit Lite project.

Thanks for doing so. I logged in through the Google Account, and had
read access through the source through gitweb. Thanks. I do remember
that Bibledit was using a lot of memory in particular when running the
whole day. I've now looked at your config.xml.cpp, and have applied to
patch to Bibledit-Gtk. Thanks for stopping the memory leaks.

>         The mystery you describe, about the screen jumping to the
>         left,
>         Bibledit-Gtk had this same thing, but it no longer occurs now.
>         Perhaps
>         the solution will apply to your situation as well. If I recall
>         well,
>         there was something with the scrolledwindow in editor.cpp, its
>         policy,
>         and how it interacts with the textview. I notice it now uses a
>         viewport
>         as well in editor.cpp. I'd think that the problem lies
>         somewhere there.
>
> Have you seen the out-of-bounds screen corruptions? Try rapidly
> scrolling up and down a large reference list. Also try maximizing and
> restoring Bibledit when the window dimensions are nearly the screen
> dimensions. I'm wondering if the Win32 GDK is more sensitive on this
> than the X11 GDK.

I did these things, but all windows behave as expected. I still think
that setting the policy of the scrolled window to Automatic : Automatic
makes a different. But perhaps you already have done that.

A link to Bibledit-Lite was put on
https://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/6-links. If you'd like to edit
this information, you are able to do so with your account there.

Wishing you God's blessing in the work you do.

Tried Bibledit-Lite on Windows. It runs nicely, it feels "lite" and
snappy.

Teus