Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time m

From: Dan Dennison
Subject: Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time mysql server checking))
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:05:20 -0400

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Teus Benschop <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Dan,

I was glad to read about Bibledit-Lite. You are fixing bugs and making
that Bibledit-Lite reaches a larger audience. It is good to hear all
these things. Do the translators like using Bibledit-Lite in your
organisation?

Indeed they do. We're holding off on rolling it out more broadly until we have the USB repository patch in.

I am interested in the patch for config.xml.cpp, and any other patches
that fix corruptions or leaks. Good that you made it use less memory.
Thanks for offering the fix.

Go to http://cr.bblesint.org and click the Register button. I'll approve the account and add it to the Bibledit Lite project.

Quite a number of improvements you are planning. I am sure all of these
will result in a better bibledit-lite.exe.

We ended up calling it bibledit.exe and jettisoning the startup scripts. Help->About and the title bar indicate 'lite' :)

The mystery you describe, about the screen jumping to the left,
Bibledit-Gtk had this same thing, but it no longer occurs now. Perhaps
the solution will apply to your situation as well. If I recall well,
there was something with the scrolledwindow in editor.cpp, its policy,
and how it interacts with the textview. I notice it now uses a viewport
as well in editor.cpp. I'd think that the problem lies somewhere there.

Have you seen the out-of-bounds screen corruptions? Try rapidly scrolling up and down a large reference list. Also try maximizing and restoring Bibledit when the window dimensions are nearly the screen dimensions. I'm wondering if the Win32 GDK is more sensitive on this than the X11 GDK.

dan :)