[be] [task #9912] Make PDF/Print options user editable

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] [task #9912] Make PDF/Print options user editable
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:02:49 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, task #9912 (project bibledit):

Teus wrote:
> The number of columns is set per style. This can be set in the stylesheet
editor.

I just tried this. When I set "p ..." to "span columns" it cascaded down to
the other Paragraph styles. This is good.

But "s ..." and "q ..." still appeared as double-column.

It looks as if there might be a more general single-column setting that would
cover the whole document, and make it easy to switch formats for different
types of printouts.

Birch wrote:
> I noticed in text2pdf.cpp there are variables that are initialized starting
at line 95.
> one_column_only = false;...
If you could implement the choices Birch and I have discussed into a Print
dialog it would make it MUCH easier for new computer
users (i.e., Balsa users) to manage their own printing jobs. They would not
need to use OOo, which I would love to see happen.

One more useful item for inclusion in a Print Format dialog would be the
option to insert some text into a footer.
I would like to see this default to the contents of the id line, but then be
editable so people could label a printout as something like, "3rd draft for
community testing", or "For consultant check". This, along with the date, is
good for identifying earlier drafts that may be floating around a community.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9912>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/