[be] [bug #28557] Window resizing changes?

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] [bug #28557] Window resizing changes?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:39:26 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

In BE 4.0, the version in the Crosswire repos, the window arrangement doesn't
work like it did in 3.8. This is not necessarily bad, but I wonder if it's
working quite as you intend?

I have two projects open, arranged vertically with each project taking half
the BE window. This is good. But when I open Styles, the Stylesheet list takes
up 1/4 of the space, and the project on the left is squashed into 1/4 of the
space as well. Whichever project is active when I open the Stylesheet list, it
gets cut in half vertically. I think I liked it better when a third window
would cause the two open ones to shrink to 1/3 screen each.

Then when I close the Stylesheet list I have 1/4 screen of empty space; I
can't seem to make the lefthand project grow again to fill the space.

OH! I just discovered that I CAN resize windows, from the lower-right corner
of each window only. This helps a lot; so I can make the Stylesheet window
narrow and give each project more space!

This is good. It would be even nicer if I could drag any border to resize a
window, and/or if something like double-clicking on the titlebar of a project
would resize it to fill up any blank space next to it.

Could you make the window size "snap" when you drag to the edge of an
existing border? So you CAN drag beyond that point if you want windows to
overlap, but it's easier to size windows "exactly" to fill up the space?

Many thanks! I guess I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a feature
request... feel free to move it around.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28557>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/