[be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation environm

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation environment
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:52:50 +0000

Follow-up Comment #15, task #9999 (project bibledit):

I had not heard of Gobby. Very interesting. In the collaboration we do, I
only need instant messaging about 5 percent of the time. There are plenty of
other ways to collaborate on line that would be like using Gobby. For
instance, by using Yuuguu, I can share my screen with anyone, and we can chat
and instant message at the same time using Skype. So people in the conference
can see my Bibledit windows. Or we might work on a GoogleDoc simultaneously
while chatting.

As linked below: For an overview of online collaborative sites and tools,
see
http://www.mindmeister.com/12213323

I just heard this morning about Gospel Translations, which runs a Mediawiki
environment to encourage translations of Christian books. It would be great if
an organization like that would support and help create the kind of
collaborative online environment that we need.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9999>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/