[be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation environm

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #9999] Help in creating an on-line Bible Translation environment
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 04:47:57 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, task #9999 (project bibledit):

I would agree with the former comment about the superiority of local
environments as opposed to web based things. To add to it, I would say that
the current Bibledit should remain as it is, and continue to be developed.
There are plenty places in Africa without internet access. People working
there need to work offline.

On the other hand, there is a good use for web based translation in certain
cases.

What would be helpful too is that bibledit would be able to mirror certain
online resources so as to get these offline and accessible.

On the online matter, my take right now is that the "website" could also be a
local apache server, actually apache has now become one of bibledit's
requirements for interprocess communication so as to resolve a few outstanding
bugs. Plus php is now required too.

Whatever works locally for those that prefer to work local or find themselves
in a situation without internet access, such things also would work from a
site on the internet. That way we combine local stuff with internet based
stuff while keeping development efforts limited and not duplicating efforts.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9999>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/