[be] [task #9912] Make PDF/Print options user editable

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] [task #9912] Make PDF/Print options user editable
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 05:42:06 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, task #9912 (project bibledit):

Thanks so much for a great tool, Teus!

I've been printing a lot lately, too. A comment...

>> These options are already here, but a bit hidden.

Usually we want text on the screen to be single-spaced, but each time we
print something out it would be nice to have the opportunity to set spacing
for that printout. It's awkward to change line spacing in View/Fonts/Text each
time we print, and then change it back to Single afterwards.

Same goes for 1-or-2 columns: A printout for the translator, for checking,
should be single-column, wide spacing. But the members of the checking
committee should get printouts that look somewhat like a printed book, perhaps
double-column is good for those.

If the print dialog could have choices for these two items, and also perhaps
font & fontsize (some fonts look better printed, others better on the screen)
and page size (A4/letter/A5 for booklets...), it would be very helpful.

I was also wondering whether the OpenDocument export (which is nice--thank
you!) could be moved to the Print dialog, since it's the only one of the
Export options that is usually printed, and the same formatting options would
apply.

Actually, if these print options were available in the Print dialog for PDF
output I might not feel the need to format texts in OpenOffice before
printing!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9912>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/