[be] [task #9905] Input Key Term in receptor language and meaning of it

From: Stephen Lilley
Subject: [be] [task #9905] Input Key Term in receptor language and meaning of it in English
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:32:35 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Is it possible to have a way to enter Key terms into the Key terms window.
That is the key term which we have chosen for our language. I think if you
have it it would benefit translator, mother translator and translation
consultant for the following reasons

1. Whenever we do consultant checks our consultants always wants a list of
the key terms we have used in the book that he is checking. So if we could
enter the key term in the script we are translating as well as the English
equivalent and have a way to export it when the Consultant asks for it. It
would be nice

2. Sometimes we have more than one word to correspond to the key term that is
used in the Strongs listing. For instance Salvation we  have at least two
words. One means rescue and the other means protection/salvation. Now if we
had a key term listing where we could add our key terms in the script we are
using and that word shows up whenever we are translating a verse that has that
Strong number (eg: Salvation). It will make it much more simpler for the
translator, and mother tongue translator to see what we have used in the past

and to use it rather than looking at the reference window which lists every
verse we have translated and see what we have used in the past.

3. Our script stacks the characters on top of each other sometimes, so when
we hit the key term hyper-link and it opens up the references window our
script becomes so small that it is almost impossible to see and read and find
the key term that is used in it and what variation we have.

Steve

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9905>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/