Re: [be] bibledit 3.9.36 available in git repository

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit 3.9.36 available in git repository
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:43:58 +0200

Hi Birch,

I believe that since Bibledit uses Gtk2, which uses Pango, that if
somebody has installed a Graphite backend to Pango, it would
automatically use Graphite.

The "second generation" does not refer to scripts and graphical tools;
these all remain the same, Gtk2. It refers to the fact that the current
USFM editor has been built over the years without a clear plan for it,
so that all extra bits have been tagged on over the years, so that now
the code is rather fearful to look at, and one is afraid to maintain it
or add new features since that likely will break it. The Undo and Redo
stack, for example, is terrible. The idea is to design the Editor from
scratch and use a modular design so that it becomes easier to maintain.

Teus.