[be] [task #9830] GoBible export improvements

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #9830] GoBible export improvements
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 05:37:53 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The export produced a .jad and a .jar. Will users need both files?

We only transfer the .jar file to our Nokia and it works fine. Probably
Bibledit should not give that .jad file so as not to confuse users.

The export seems to work fine in the emulator.  My questions are:

* When I was looking at Go Bible before, I remember that there         were
settings to make GoBible files for cell phones with 128k         memory, etc.
What size of memory is the current GoBible export         configured for?

It is now configured for unlimited memory size. This means that it exports
all the books in your project.  Since there are many Java enabled cell phoned
around that do not accept unlimited .jar sizes, it would be helpful if such an
option was put into Bibledit. At the moment this option is not there. It needs
to be done manually. I did it manually for my brother, whose cell phone did
not accept .jar files beyond 512k. What was done is to copy the project to be
exported to another, rename it, then have only so many books in it, then
export it to GoBible. Then copy the main project to yet another project, have
another lot of books in it, export it. And so on till all books were exported.
 Definitely the above involves manual labour that were better put into
Bibledit itself!

* When I played with the GoBible file that was created, I         couldn't
get the emulator to show some sort of About file. I         think there is
such a screen, but I didn't find it somehow.         What does one push to get
that to show?

On our Nokia 6600 it is the left menu button, which shows "Options" in the
GoBible, then scroll down to "About".

* And where do you put information in Bibledit so that it will         show
on the About page?

I am not sure about that in this stage how the GoBible Creator handles this.
This would need to be looked into, and a place would need to be provided in
the export where one can enter this information.

* I want to encourage readers to download a newer copy every six
months, and give a web address.

* The export routine didn't ask what books I wanted to export. I
imagine you could put book selection in just like on other         books— if
I requested that feature. But when I want to export         to GoBible, I
could export USFM and import the files I want         into a dummy project. My
question is simply if BE will handle         the export properly for only part
of a New Testament.

Yes, it will do a proper export for part of the New Testament.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9830>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/