[be] [task #9394] Windows Outpost should be in the tray

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #9394] Windows Outpost should be in the tray
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:07:54 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, task #9394 (project bibledit):

Well, I dug into it, installed Delphi, and looked at the matter.

The thing is the following:

When bwoutpost.exe is started manually, it has a graphical interface. When it
is started properly by bibledit itself, it would start with the interface, but
within seconds bibledit would send the "hide" command to it. This would hide
the program completely out of sight. It is no longer visible, it would not be
in the tray, it would be nowhere, completely out of sight.

You write: "I find with many newer computer users, that the Windows Outpost
window can be confusing to them. Is there any way to remove it from the
taskbar and put it only in the tray?"

My answer would be: It should not be visible to any user, neither on the
screen, neither in the tray.

If it is visible on Windows, there's a bug somewhere in Bibledit starting it
and hiding it. Are you starting the Outpost manually so bibledit does not do
it, and therefore does not hide it? Then this would be the bug to fix.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9394>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/