Re: [be] Bibledit Bloat

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit Bloat
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:14:40 +0200

Thanks, all, for the suggestions made.

I do like the idea of making more than one package out of it. Probably
something like "bibledit" having the code, as it is now, then
"bibledit-data-essential" for the essential data, without which the
package can't work, and then probably "bibledit-data-extra" for the
extra bits and pieces. This package would then be optional and contain
data that enhances the package, but is not needed for basic operation.

About creating SWORD packages for the extra data, I do like the idea,
but have no time for it. Bibledit would like to use SWORD content
eventually, but right now my commitments are to the Bible translation
ecosystem, and that focus is kept narrow by purpose so as to keep it
going fast. If somebody would offer to create SWORD content of anything
that is going to be in bibledit-data-extra, I would consider dropping
that chunk of data from the package and switching to using the SWORD
system.

Thanks for your input, let's now put it in practice!

Teus.