[be] [task #9599] Combine History pull-down menu with the Ctrl-G Go-To s

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [task #9599] Combine History pull-down menu with the Ctrl-G Go-To screen.
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:10:46 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Now that we have such a nice history pull down, how about combining it with
the go-to menu. In other words, the fill-in (free) go to box would be at the
top of the list, and then the history list would be below that. Then there
would be another tab for the aided entry.

I would suggest keeping the green arrow icon on the lower left of the Index
screen to pull up this box, and keep the Go-to menu entry to call up the same
thing.

An option under Preferences > user interface, might be how many lines of
history would be kept. If there are more than the screen length, perhaps a
scroll bar should appear.

I wonder if we might make it so that BE would be able to use the most common
English abbreviations for books, like 1Pet or Phl— as well as the complete
name.

This already really helps me as I move around so much.

Thanks so much for being open to BE user input.
Phil

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9599>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/