[be] [task #9412] Make the embedded web browser in Bibledit pluggable

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #9412] Make the embedded web browser in Bibledit pluggable
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:30:26 +0000

Update of task #9412 (project bibledit):

         Should Start On:                         => Mon 03 Aug 2009 12:00:00
AM CAT
   Should be Finished on:                         => Mon 03 Aug 2009 12:00:00
AM CAT

Follow-up Comment #5:

The differences between the three proposed html rendering engines are
considerable. We started off with xulrunning, but this gave a host of problems
due to the Mozilla using their own weird library system. Then we went to
gtkhtml3, and the library was fine, but the capabilities were low. Finally we
moved to libwebkit, and yes, that did the job. Because of shortcomings with
the previous two html rendering engines, it is not recommended to go back to
them, even if it were optional. It's not worth all the extra work, really.

In the mean time I understand you have managed to port webkit to Windows -
congratulations on that!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9412>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/