[be] [task #8952] smart import/merge options

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [task #8952] smart import/merge options
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:09:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, task #8952 (project bibledit):

I am fairly satisfied. I have used the Check USFM for the last few days.

I put in a bug report somewhere that the check mark for "verses in raw text
are starting lines." Even when that was checked, some in line numbers (in
cross references) still got caught as verse numbers. Was that fixed. That was
a big frustration.

It really would be nice to have an import routine like I suggested that would
be another check box, saying, "Import Text Only and preserve BE formatting."
Or another way would be to say, "Discover USFM formatting using project _____
(multiple choice of open projects) as a pattern."

So the program would discover format (or import) based on the pattern of
either the current BE text or another model. Or, this would mean that one
could import something into project b while keeping the poetry quotes and
other formatting of project a.

I have still not thoroughly tried the capabilities of BE for comparing older
text to newer text. When I asked for screen shots, you pointed me to a text
description. It would really help to have some screenshots of the processes on
the web pages.

Thanks,
Phil

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8952>