Re: [be] Bibledit 3.8 compile error under Ubuntu 9.04 (64bit only?)

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit 3.8 compile error under Ubuntu 9.04 (64bit only?)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:35:28 +0200

The idea of having release candidates is a good one. That would allow
such compiler errors as occur on this amd64 machine to be discovered
before the final release goes out. Right now we had one week or so that
the 3.8 branch in the git repository was stable, but what I need to do
in addition to that branch is to release the actual tarball from that
branch as a release candidate. Then allow it to be tested for a week or
so, and then to release the real one.

As far as access to savannah machines for testing purposes, I am not
aware that such a thing exists. I think sourceforge.net offers this
facility, but savannah.nongnu.org probably does not.

Teus.