[be] [task #8305] Backup with Project notes

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [task #8305] Backup with Project notes
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:28:06 +0000

Follow-up Comment #10, task #8305 (project bibledit):

Are you sure you want to keep all the notes in one megafile?
Doesn't that slow down the performance?
Why did you choose to make Bibledit save Scripture in a perchapter way, but
chose to save the Notes in one huge database for all the translations?

Suppose I have one computer at home and one at the office which due to
primitive conditions cannot be networked, and let's say I am an OWL that is
only working on one translation. I would want to take a flash drive in between
the locations and backup just my notes and the Scripture for that one
translation.

Well I guess the thing to do now would be to backup just the one project (1.3
MB), and backup all the notes (currently at 7.3 MB). I guess that is good
enough.

I'm so glad for the new backup routine. My backup file for everything is
60MB, whereas the uncompressed .bibledit folder is 292MB. Because of the many
layers of directories and files, this folder used to take an age to copy. For
some reason the backup is reasonably quick.

Thanks!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8305>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/