[be] [task #9416] Bibledit subprocess removal, or better IPC mechanisms

From: Dan Dennison
Subject: [be] [task #9416] Bibledit subprocess removal, or better IPC mechanisms
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 05:26:59 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, task #9416 (project bibledit):

It seems like it would be possible to code the Gtk event loop in such a way
as to prevent the interface from freezing when Git is invoked.

CORBA is indeed heavyweight, even ridiculously so. No arguments there. If we
are to keep using multiple processes however, it would be nice to use such an
interface, although crazy to work with, is easier to port, avoids TCP
port-in-use issues, and should be more secure.

I don't think this is a high-priority or even near-term issue. I do think we
should use this as a low-priority tracking bug.

If I can manage to re-integrate the subprocesses in a (probably huge)
changeset, would you be opposed to such a patch?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?9416>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/