[be] [bug #26333] GoBible does not Go

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [bug #26333] GoBible does not Go
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:07:14 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #26333 (project bibledit):

To reach a wider audience, I should imagine that you would also be
interested
in porting both translations to the Java mobile phone platform, using Go
Bible Creator.

The Go Bible project has been adopted by CrossWire, though some aspects of
the adoption are still in a state of flux.  Go Bible will be a "co-hosted
project", as distinguished from being a "front end" application for SWORD
modules. More information in my CrossWire wiki page,
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/User:David_Haslam
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/User:David_Haslam

Go Bible Data Format is essentially close to "verse per line" (VPL), so it
does not retain headings, cross-references, and footnotes, etc. Nonetheless
it is a very attractive method to distribute the Word of God in a very
accessible manner, especially observing the massive take up of mobile phones
in many developing countries.

Go Bible Creator can process directly from USFM files, though there are
still tags that it cannot easily handle. One of the programmers is currently
working on a USFM Preprocessor tool for Go Bible Creator.  I will be posting
more details about this in the future.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26333>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/