Re: [be] Bibledit for Windows patched source files

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit for Windows patched source files
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:05:58 +0200

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 20:11 -0800, Dan Dennison wrote:
> In the configure script, if you can somehow figure out how to convince
> autotools to look for -lcurldll, that will save a configure script hack.

It now uses the M4 macro that was provided by the curl guys themselves,
and I am not such a M4 / autotools guru so as to be able to do a lot of
hacking myself. Probabably the Windows guys of curl can be of help here
(if there's a a special Windows maintainer at all), or else looking at
other windows ports that use libcurl, how these configure their package?

> This set of diffs still doesn't fix crashes in libcurl/htmlcache/
> gtkhtml, but it gets you to a mostly sane and usable state.

Must have been a lot of work to get it to a good state!

> Also windows outpost launches in the CMD script instead of from the app.

Ah, so the application sees it running already, and does not need to
launch it, or it assumes it running.

> In general, please use && instead of ; in your subshells. It does
> largely the same thing, as we'd like to believe our commands succeed :)

That's fine, but why is that? Is Windows refusing the ";"?
I'll try to remember to do that for next time, and if I forget pls.
remind me. I suppose that you've patched them all?

> Enjoy, and if some of these files make no sense or seem off, just
> reply and we can work it out.

Ok, it probably is going to make sense, but I'll be applying the patches
one by one, and test each change under Linux, then if there's any
explosion, I'll call you. You'll see the commit logs going out in due
course.

Thanks,

Teus.