Re: [be] Some bibledit 3.6.12 comments.

From: Wolfgang Stradner E
Subject: Re: [be] Some bibledit 3.6.12 comments.
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:44:06 +0100

See inserted text.

Teus Benschop wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 11:46 +0100, Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:

I like the new approach, where all the areas/windows can be switched
on/off, but still staying in the main frame of BE much better than the
one (in 3.5.11), where individual areas/windows floated around all over
the screen, partly covered by other opened programms, sometimes even
hidden. Great.

Yes, since this feature became implemented, we've been using that layout
throughout. It works easier for us. The old layout is still available
via menu Preferences, for those who prefer that.

What I do not understand yet:
I opened an existing project and what I get is the text area surrounded
by much empty grey space (see window below).
When I open other areas (e.g. View/Outline, or Project Notes) this empty
space is filled by those new opened areas.

I've noticed that too, but could not be bothered to fix it right away.
If you'd like to file a bug, that would be helpful.

What I could not do, was to let the text area fill the whole program
area of BE (without having an empty grey area bellow and on the right).
Is there any way to do this?

Not currently, and this is a bug.

see:
#25644 Text area open only -> let it fill whole screen.

I like the idea of BibleTime, where a toolls-area of bookshelf and mag
can be swtiched on/off (individually or both of them) and if both are
off, that the text area fills up the whole program area of BibleTime.

I like that too.

Task:
 #9135 Add/Remove areas: Let the text area ajust size
By the way, there is a little button in the emtpy area (left, bottom),
which seems to be some kind of 'left-over' from previous versions.

It is a bit supposed of the statusbar. The statusbar was shortened to
make more space for the tools area.

Teus.