Re: [be] Some bibledit 3.6.12 comments.

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Some bibledit 3.6.12 comments.
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:37:03 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 11:46 +0100, Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
> I like the new approach, where all the areas/windows can be switched
> on/off, but still staying in the main frame of BE much better than the
> one (in 3.5.11), where individual areas/windows floated around all over
> the screen, partly covered by other opened programms, sometimes even
> hidden. Great.

Yes, since this feature became implemented, we've been using that layout
throughout. It works easier for us. The old layout is still available
via menu Preferences, for those who prefer that.

> What I do not understand yet:
> I opened an existing project and what I get is the text area surrounded
> by much empty grey space (see window below).
> When I open other areas (e.g. View/Outline, or Project Notes) this empty
> space is filled by those new opened areas.

I've noticed that too, but could not be bothered to fix it right away.
If you'd like to file a bug, that would be helpful.

> What I could not do, was to let the text area fill the whole program
> area of BE (without having an empty grey area bellow and on the right).
> Is there any way to do this?

Not currently, and this is a bug.

> I like the idea of BibleTime, where a toolls-area of bookshelf and mag
> can be swtiched on/off (individually or both of them) and if both are
> off, that the text area fills up the whole program area of BibleTime.

I like that too.

> By the way, there is a little button in the emtpy area (left, bottom),
> which seems to be some kind of 'left-over' from previous versions.

It is a bit supposed of the statusbar. The statusbar was shortened to
make more space for the tools area.

Teus.