Re: [be] bibledit 3.6.6 available in git repository

From: Birch Champeon
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit 3.6.6 available in git repository
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:15:57 -0500

Hi Tues,

It looks like I may be too late as you're already attaching some windows, but I used an app today that I think might be a good compromise between the old and new UI.

Paint.net  http://www.getpaint.net/screenshots.html has a number of dialog tool windows that float around the main window.  They don't exactly dock to the main window, they just "snap" to the border when you get close.  Windows that are snapped move when the main window moves. Their position becomes relative to the main window frame. All minimize when the main window is minimized.

The other thing is that the windows don't show up as individual items on the task bar.  This perhaps my biggest complaint about open UIs.  I'll have 6 BE windows open, and then I open help in Firefox.  If I alt+Tab then I get 1 of the BE windows, I have to alt+Tab two more times to get the next BE window, then 3 more alt+tabs etc.  For 6 windows I end up alt+tabbing 20 times.  Usually I give up and start clicking the windows on the task bar or minimizing FF.   What about BE being a single task item, and Ctrl+Tab switch between the various BE windows?

I don't know if you've got an XP VM but if you could check out Paint.net I think you might get some ideas.  I was unable to install it on Wine because it requires .NET

Birch