[be] [task #8015] Bibledit Keyterms and NT names facility for vernacular

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8015] Bibledit Keyterms and NT names facility for vernacular input
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:05:32 +0000

Update of task #8015 (project bibledit):

             Assigned to:                    None => teus

Follow-up Comment #1:

> > If I understand your feature request correctly, then it appears to me
> > that there is a need for these two things:
> >
> > 1. The user can type in the word that they have chosen in their language
> > for that particular keyterm. If he types that word, the key terms comes
> > up, just like now it comes up when the English word is typed.

Word or words. Sometimes depending upon the context of the verse 2 different

words are used for the one key term.

> > 2. When translating, and going to a certain verse, the user wishes to
> > see all of the keyterms found in that verse, and what word they have
> > chosen for it in their own language.
> >
> > Is this correct?

Yes that is correct. We have found this feature to be very helpful. Also if
you have a data base on NT Names and or OT Names a similar database where the

name is shown in the vernacular non-roman script.

> > Bibledit does not now have this feature. The only thing related to what
> > you write is that if the key term is typed in English, and then chosen
> > from the list, all places where it has been translated turn up. That
> > could help your translators a lot, only that they would need to remember
> > which English word is used.
> >
> > I've added a feature request to the (long) list of feature requests for
> > bibledit. When it is its turn to be dealt with it will be implemented.
> > As the list is long, this will be some time unless everybody agitates to
> > get it in earlier.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8015>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/