[be] [task #8517] wine info

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [task #8517] wine info
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:06:56 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi Teus,

Great - put, what you wrote to me below into the helpfile and this is OK for
me. :-)

Wolfgang

Teus Benschop wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Yes, I believe that this is a good idea, provided that you or somebody
> gets wine running with BART.
>
> But I can't support Wine, as it may give troubles here and there.
> Hopefully on the other lists there are people who give a bit of support.
>
> Regards,
>
> Teus.
>

> Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
>> Hi Teus,
>>
>> The reason I was trying to use Wine is that, BART worked quite well (in
older versions of BE and Ubuntu) and wanted to show, how BE sends references
to BART (to let the two scroll together).
>> Do you think that this would be a good idea?
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> Teus Benschop wrote:
>>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>>
>>> Using Wine one is in for trouble only - I believe that bibledit should
shed any reference to wine, and let people use what they want. Spending time
on wine is like following big Microsoft in all the turns that they make. That
time would be better spent on Linux development.

<http://www.nongnu.org/bibledit/install_wine.html> it is written:
winetools-0.9-3 works well with wine version wine-0.9.2, but not well with
later versions of wine.'

<http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb>* binary and source .debs for Ubuntu
Hardy (8.04) , the WineHQ .deb packages archive
<http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html>:
> [...]
installed, the versions are proposed: 1.0 - 1.2

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8517>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/