Re: [be] BE/Help/Installing Wine: version BE 3.3?

From: Wolfgang Stradner E
Subject: Re: [be] BE/Help/Installing Wine: version BE 3.3?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:37:25 +0200

Hi Teus,

The reason I was trying to use Wine is that, BART worked quite well (in older versions of BE and Ubuntu) and wanted to show, how BE sends references to BART (to let the two scroll together).
Do you think that this would be a good idea?

Wolfgang

Teus Benschop wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

Using Wine one is in for trouble only - I believe that bibledit should shed any reference to wine, and let people use what they want. Spending time on wine is like following big Microsoft in all the turns that they make. That time would be better spent on Linux development.

Regards,

Teus.
Wolf Stradner wrote:
Hi,

In BE/Help: Ensure you've got Wine installed. <http://www.nongnu.org/bibledit/install_wine.html> it is written: 'At the time of writing this, it was found that winetools version winetools-0.9-3 works well with wine version wine-0.9.2, but not well with later versions of wine.'

Trying to download
- Wine: Get Wine Now <http://www.winehq.org/site/download> , *Ubuntu <http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb>* binary and source .debs for Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) , the WineHQ .deb packages archive <http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html>:
I find that wine-0.9.2 under the title: Ubuntu Edgy (6.10)

Checking under Ubuntu Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) (this is, what I have installed, the versions are proposed: 1.0 - 1.2

Question: What version of Wine would be the best for BE 3.3.49?

Greetings
Wolfgang